We are working to build a thriving Local Food System – and we want to bring it right to your doorstep!
Metro Pedal Power delivers your weekly farm shares reducing your carbon footprint. Sign up for a farmshare with us and have local produce delivered to your door every week. Come home to a beautiful box of veggies, delivered reliably and hassle-free, and save your energy for cooking fresh and locally grown meals. Our service keeps you connected to the farmers growing your food, even if you’re juggling a hectic schedule! Supporting us creates fun, green jobs for our riders, contributes to economic viability of the local farmers, and it keeps you healthy and well fed. Win-Win-Win!
Here are the awesome farms we partner with
- Red Fire Farm (year-round) Certified organic farm in Granby and Montague MA producing a beautiful diversity of vegetables, flowers, and fruit. – Now registering subscribers for the Summer Season.
- Siena Farms (four seasons) Fifty-acre market farm growing fresh produce for farmers’ markets, restaurants, and a 300-member CSA community, is nestled in the fertile soils of the Sudbury River valley just twenty-five miles west of Boston.
- Farmer Dave’s CSA (spring, summer and fall) Ninety-acre farm, using organic growing methods in Dracut, MA. Robust, generous and affordable shares.
- The Farm School (summer) This certified-organic farm in Athol has a nationally recognized training program for new farmers, taking extraordinary care to teach every one of their students the best growing practices to deliver the freshest and most delicious products possible to CSA members.
- Lilac Hedge Farm (Year-Round) a small livestock operation in Berlin, MA offering meats raised responsibly with extreme attention to care, comfort, nutrition and the quality of the animals
Community Supported – Local Business
The CSA model is catching on! Lots of other small local businesses are calling on the support of the local community to survive and thrive. Check out these other CSA-style programs that we partner with.
- Farmers to You (Year-Round) farm-direct source of wonderful local products from Vermont and Massachusetts. Subscribe to a weekly order–choose what you want! Perfect option to pair with a veggie csa or go solo with a complete grocery option–Peapod for the localvore!
- The Wine Bottega (Year-Round) This farm-to-glass program is a monthly wine delivery service from local and regional vineyards: organic, bio-dynamic, all-natural.
- Cuisine en Locale (Year-Round) “Once-a-Week” Farm-to-Table meal delivery = a bag full of delicious, 100%-local, lovingly prepared meals. Sign-up anytime. Sometimes you just need someone else to do the cooking!