Metro Pedal Power delivers your weekly farm shares reducing your carbon footprint, saving you time and hassle. Sign up for a farmshare with us and have local produce delivered to your door every week. Come home to a beautiful box of veggies, delivered reliably and hassle-free, and *save your own energy* for cooking fresh and locally grown meals. Our service keeps you connected to the farmers growing your food, even if you’re juggling a hectic schedule! Supporting our food hub creates fun green jobs, contributes to economic viability of the local farmers, and it keeps you healthy and well fed. Win-Win-Win!
We are working to build a thriving Local Food System – and we want to bring it right to your doorstep!
Here are the awesome farms we partner with
- Brookfield Farm (main season) a flourishing farm with a long history in the CSA movement, Brookfield is one of the leaders of the small scale farming community in Massachusetts.
- Red Fire Farm (year-round) Certified organic farm in Granby and Montague MA producing a beautiful diversity of vegetables, flowers, and fruit. – Now registering subscribers for the Summer Season.
- Siena Farms (four seasons) Fifty-acre market farm growing fresh produce for farmers’ markets, restaurants, and a 300-member CSA community, is nestled in the fertile soils of the Sudbury River valley just twenty-five miles west of Boston.
- Farmer Dave’s CSA (spring, summer and fall) Ninety-acre farm, using organic growing methods in Dracut, MA. Robust, generous and affordable shares. Small and large shares, add-ons available too!
- The Farm School (summer) certified-organic farm in Athol has a nationally recognized training program for new farmers, taking extraordinary care to teach their students the best growing practices, maintaining an important learning environment for keeping farming knowledge alive.
- Lilac Hedge Farm (Year-Round) a small livestock operation in Berlin, MA offering meats raised responsibly with extreme attention to care, comfort, nutrition and the quality of the animals
- Winter Moon CSA (winter!) starting up Nov 2015 – more info coming soon….
Community Supported – Local Business
The CSA model works! Lots of other small local businesses are calling on the support of the local community to survive and thrive. Check out these other CSA-style programs that we partner with.
- Farmers to You (Year-Round) farm-direct source of wonderful local products from Vermont and Massachusetts. Subscribe to a weekly order–choose what you want! Perfect option to pair with a veggie csa or go solo with a complete grocery option–Peapod for the localvore!
- The Wine Bottega (Year-Round) This farm-to-glass program is a monthly wine delivery service from local and regional vineyards: organic, bio-dynamic, all-natural.
- Cuisine en Locale (Year-Round) “Once-a-Week” Farm-to-Table meal delivery = a bag full of delicious, 100%-local, lovingly prepared meals. Sign-up anytime. Sometimes you just need someone else to do the cooking!
- M.F. Dulock Butcher Shop (Year-Round) coming soon!